Thursday 13 September 2007

Márquez: "club directors gave me more confidence"

Rafa Márquez has said the support shown to him by the Barcelona board has given him motivation."I’ve worked hard to be at a good level, and bit by bit I am getting there. Talking to the club directors gave me more confidence," said Márquez."They gave me this, and when they told me I would still feature in the plans of the team, that I wouldn’t move on, that motivated me.
"After enjoying an excellent 2005/06 season in which he was a key part of the Barça team which won a Primera División and UEFA Champions League double and after having an excellent World Cup campaign with Mexico in Germany, he struggled in the following season and struggled to find any form.Following the aquisition of Gabriel Milito in the summer, speculation was rife that Barça were ready to dispose of the Mexico captain.

No comments: